an intimate space for moving art
Enjoy an evening of creative nurturance and curiosity in the practice of witnessing. Movement artists will share new works-in-progress, improvisations, collaborations, movement experiments and other such embodiment play. There will be opportunities (though no obligation) for audience response and participation.
This month’s contributing artists include Patrice Heber, Julie Rose, Rose Oceania, Erin Stewart, Emily Feit and YOU.
Iris Yoga Studio, 236 Towpath Road, Accord, NY
$5 suggested donation
This is a monthly event. Upcoming dates:
April 22, May 20
Space and parking is somewhat limited. If possible, let me know if you plan to attend so that we can plan accordingly.
Asana . Nidra . Nāda
Join Shawn and Susan for an evening of restorative yoga and sound.
Asana ~ yoga postures, nidra ~ psychic sleep, nāda ~ sound.
Future Dates :
Saturday March 25th 7-9pm
Saturday April 8th 7-9pm
Saturday April 22nd (TBC)
7-9pm . By donation (between $15 – $25)
Address: Iris, 236 Towpath Road, Accord, NY 12404
During the gathering we will:
- Practice gentle yoga postures that will invite you to receive the Yoga Nidra and Sound Healing offerings, fully embodied.
- Enter a deep state of relaxation through a guided Yoga Nidra (often referred to as ‘psychic sleep’)
- Receive a sound experience that will encourage deep relaxation, rejuvenation and an acceleration of your inward journey.
- Learn more about how the moon and the planets in our solar system may be impacting us at this time.
Time is suspended as you enter a world of vibration, sensation and experience. Physical injuries can be healed and old emotional traumas released. Great insights can be accessed. The only per-requisite is the willingness to receive.
Shamanic Plant Spirit Healing Journey Series
Plant Spirit Healing is a shamanic practice of working directly with the consciousness and healing properties of plants. It enhances well being on all levels, deepens self awareness and mediates integration with our soul selves and strengthens our true nature. It helps us fulfill our life’s purpose, soul mission and personal destiny .Each plant species possesses unique energetic characteristics, wisdom, sentience, purpose in the world and spiritual mission .All are engaged in planetary evolution in their individual ways, and some have particular purposes for working with humanity.
Shamanic Journeying is a safe, relaxing and effective way to access our own innate wisdom and power. It has long been used as a tool to connect with the divine wisdom that surrounds and fills us. Guided by the Shaman’s Drum, the brain relaxes into an aware, meditative state and we open to information and imagery hidden from us in our ordinary state of consciousness. What we learn can be both surprising and profound. Journeying with a group in a secure, loving environment heightens the individual experience and gives us the opportunity for sharing and validation.
In this group each month, I will facilitate a journey experience using drums, rattles and singing bowls. Over the months we will be exploring:
- Creating our sacred space as a place to refresh our spirit and gain insight and knowledge about what is manifesting in our external reality
- Journeys to the spirits of the plants for healing ourselves and others
- Connecting with spiritual guides, teachers and healers
- Working with power animals
- Gaining insights into our ancestral lines and patterns for the purpose of protection, healing and power
Things to bring:
- a journal and something to write with
- a small hand held stone, a small stick and a rattle
- something to put on the altar which will be returned, energized . Choose something of significance to you.
Date: Every Second monthly Friday
Time: 7:00-9:00PM. Repeating the second Friday of every month
Place: Iris Studio 236 Towpath Road Accord, NY
Facilitator: Barbara Fornal (Herbalist/Plant Spirit Healer/Drummer)
Address: 4 Boodle Hole Road
Accord, NY 12404
Phone: (845) 626-4621